Updated on 18th March, 2022
- Information Collected by the Website:
Means of data collection on Edumarz are- Contact Forms (The contact forms on the website are made to simplify the process of data presentation by collecting the user interests, educational qualification, and age, etc), and Login/Signup (By creating a user account visitor agrees on the terms of conditions of the website. The data collected may consist of personal or non-personal information. We may store, collect, use and process your Information India subject to compliance under applicable laws. The website collects user information to provide suggestions tailored to the students’ profiles and keep them informed about the ongoing application processes
2. The types of Personal Information that we collect and hold
As a visitor, you can browse our platforms to view the content on various exams, details of schools, colleges, universities, service providers, courses, programs, etc., and other information available on Platforms. You are not required to provide any personal data as a visitor.
However, many of our services require you to register on Edumarz.com. When you register, we will ask for your personal information and educational interest to create your account.
We may collect the following information to register you on our platforms to allow you to use our products and/or vail the various services we offer:
- Your name
- Contact information such as email address and phone number
- Demographic information such as current location and/or residential address
- Education details such as education Interest, current education level, year of passing, and/or other preferences/interests (including but not limited to the preferred location of study, choice of programs/courses)
4. Coaching/counseling products
At the time of purchasing or using any of our test preparation products, counseling products, or other tools/services, paid or free, on our platform, we may collect additional information such
- Your location and state
- Your socio-economic profile
- Information about racial or ethnic origin, religion, etc,
- Your score, rank in various entrance exams.
- Date of birth
- Enrolment number about exam/institutions applied to
- Your engagement on various products, behavior patterns, test results, etc
5. Common Form
When you are applying to colleges/universities by using our Common Form on our platforms, we may collect the following additional information from you to enable them to process your application.
- Category / Stream for which form is filled, course interested in, preferred location of study
- Gender, Nationality, State, Address, Date of Birth
- Father’s / guardian’s name, occupation, mother’s name
- Details of 10th class including marks scored, school name, school board, passing year
- Details of 12th class / under graduation including stream marks scored, school name, school board, passing year
- Work experience (if applicable) including companies last worked/working, years of experience, job designation, etc.
For the purchase of products, we may ask for financial information such as bank account or credit card or debit card, or any other payment information for the processing of payments.
We will only collect Personal Information by lawful and fair means. Personal Information may be collected directly from you or your authorized representative or may be collected from a third party such as a licensee or representative authorized by us to provide services to you. We collect information about the services that you use and how you use them including but not limited to log information and location information
The above information is collected to help us provide you with improved and personalized content and services, analyze trends, conduct research, and aid the evolution of our product/service offerings to benefit the end-user that is you.
We do not collect Personal and Sensitive information unless the information is reasonably necessary for conducting our business functions/activities.
6. Log files, IP Addresses, and Information about your Computer and Mobile Device
Due to the communications standards on the internet, when you visit our platforms we automatically receive the URL of the site from which you came and the site to which you are going when you leave our platforms.
Additionally, advertisers receive the URL of the page you were on when you click on an ad on our platforms. PPPL also receives the internet protocol (“IP”) address of your computer and additional information including but not limited to your computer operating system, your mobile device and its operating system (if you are accessing our platforms using a mobile device), web/mobile browser you are using as well as the name of your ISP or your mobile network carrier.
7. Use of your personal information
We require this information to understand your needs and to provide you better service; in particular for all or some of the following reasons:
- To customize the experience on our platforms based on your profile and interests
- To recommend the ‘best-fit college’ with the information provided by you
- To enhance your engagement levels with the test preparation platform and to enable us to improve your learning outcomes
- To process your application(s) to our partner Colleges and Universities which require the information to assess your suitability for admission
- To send you updates about the exams, schools/colleges/universities/service providers, courses, programs, events, and other information that you may be interested in
- To tailor the communications that we send you about our products and services based on your profile
- To allow you to participate in surveys, reviews, promotional offers, or interactive features of our products/services when you choose to do so
- To respond appropriately to any questions or comments that you submitted to use on our platforms or otherwise.
- For Internal record keeping
- To enhance products, functionalities, and services offered by us
We may periodically send promotional emails/SMS about new products, special offers, or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, or mail. We may use this information to customize the platform according to demographic interests
Your data may be shared with selected educational institutions to communicate their marketing campaigns for their courses/programs which may be beneficial to you.
You can at any time ask us to stop sending you marketing information or withdraw the permission to contact you by mailing us at email@example.com
8. Sharing of your information
We work with a range of educational institutions that advertise courses on our platforms. Your data will only be shared with educational institutions you have chosen to engage with via our websites. For example, when you make an inquiry, show interest, or a prospectus request to an institution, your details relating to that inquiry will be provided to the institution so that they may engage with you directly.
We may also share the information under the following circumstances
- We believe it is necessary to share information to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of terms of services of Edumarz platforms, or as otherwise required by law.
- We are responding to subpoenas, court orders, legal process or to establish our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
The information you provide by filling “Common Form” is shared only with the institution(s) that you have expressly consented to apply to by paying the applicable application fee. This information enables these institution(s) to process your application and to contact you to initiate the next steps in the admissions process
Furthermore, whenever you make payments on our Platforms, your payment card information is shared with a payment gateway/processor.