Kiarra Gaba, Blogger at Edumarz
Ranked to be the fourth university amongst all the universities in India, Aligarh Muslim criterionUniversity(AMU) paved its way to be known as one of the best and well-reputed public u universities. According to the 7th Annual Best Global Universities Ranking report of December 2020 by US News and World Reports, AMU stands fourth(4th). According to the esteemed magazine “India Today”, Aligarh Muslim University(AMU) stands fourth(4th) again among Government Universities(general), in the recently released rankings of 2021. AMU is also placed second(2nd) in the country providing the largest number of PG Courses. According to the records of the last three years, AMU is ranked third(3rd) among the Government Universities of the country in providing the highest number of patents.
UNIVERSITY OVERVIEW :
NAAC Grade A
Animation and Design
Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences
Computer Applications, and IT
Engineering and Architecture
Hospitality and Tourism
Medicine and Allied Sciences
Media, Mass Communication and Journalism
Management and Business Administration
UG, PG, Diploma, and Doctoral
University Level Entrance
No. of Departments
The Office of the Controller of Examinations, Aligarh Muslim University
No. of Faculties
Genpact, HCL, Infosys, Capgemini, Adobe, and Google
The process of applying for admission to Aligarh Muslim University is online. Interested applicants are required to fill out the application form through the official website of AMU i.e www.amu.ac.in.
AMU conducts an offline entrance examination after the application process. Admission to AMU is granted through AMUEE(Aligarh Muslim University Entrance Exam) only which is held by the university itself.
For acceptance in the university, the application process has criteria which are as follows-
- First, visit Aligarh Muslim University’s official website and register yourself.
- After the registration, fill in the required details and choose the course of choice.
- Next log in using the username and the password generated while registering.
- Then provide required academic and personal details being the name, address, previously gained percentages, etc.
- Once the form is filled and the documents like the candidate’s photograph and the signature are submitted, pay the application fee and cross-check before the submission.
- Print the form at the end for future reference.
- FEE LAYOUT :
The fee structure of AMU courses is as follows (The amount may vary with time, so kindly visit the official website for the precise and updated amount) :
5 years 6 months
B Tech Civil Engg.
- ADMIT CARD :
Aligarh Muslim University delivers the admit card online to only those candidates who have successfully registered themselves and submitted the complete registration form. No candidate would be given the admit card through post or courier. Aspirants who wish to download the admit card need to :
- Visit the official website of Aligarh Muslim University,
- Enter all the required credentials,
- Login using the application number and password generated during the process of registration, and
- Download the admit card.
Admit card is one of the most essential documents required by the examinee before entering the examination room. No one would be allowed to enter the room without the admit card. Admit cards would hold important details about the examination center address, course applied, candidates name, exam timing, program applied, category of the candidate, etc.
- COUNSELING :
The counseling session is conducted online by AMU. It is arranged only for the candidates who have successfully cleared their entrance examination. Each session is arranged on the basis of the ranks scored by the aspirants. The aim behind conducting the counseling session by AMU is to document the verification of the selected candidates, so they are required to keep all the needed documents handy. After the verification is complete and the payment is done, candidates are allotted their seats respectively. In the end to confirm their seats they have to pay the admission fee which ensures their entry to the university.
AMU(Aligarh Muslim University) offers several scholarships or fellowships to deserving and eligible students. Enlisted are for the same –
- Sultan Jahan Begum Scholarship
- Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship for ST
- Maulana Azad National Fellowship for Minority
- Sultan Jahan Begum Scholarship
- Dr. E. R. Ansari Scholarship
- AMU Alumni Association, Australia
- AMU Alumni Association, California
- The Aligarh Alumni Association, Washington DC
- MSUS Scholarship ( two scholarships, specific for MJMC students)
- Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship for SC
- Indira Gandhi Scholarship Scheme for Single Girl Child
- PG Scholarship for University Rank Holder
- Post-Doctoral Fellowship for SC & ST
Aligarh Muslim University is known to be one of the most prestigious universities that occupies a phenomenal position in terms of higher education in the country. It offers more than 300 courses in traditional and modern branches of education. AMU is surely reinventing the university by setting the highest benchmarks of performance and leading by example even during these hard times. No doubt this university is a giant leap towards a better future for the candidates.
“The AMU fraternity deserves to be congratulated on this achievement. AMU has been constantly contributing towards knowledge creation and yet again demonstrated that it is one of the best universities in the country”, said Prof Mohammed Naved Khan (Member, Committee for Ranking).