Birla institute of technology and science (BITS) is a leading institute and a deemed university under section 3 of the UGC act. BITS offers degree programmes in engineering, management, science, technology, pharmacy and humanities. BITS offers these programmes at the Pilani campus, Goa campus and Hyderabad campus.
Admissions to Integrated first degree programmes based on BITSAT-2022
- BITS Pilani Campus provides B.E. in Chemical, Civil, Computer Science, Electrical and Electronics, Electronics & Instrumentation, Electronics & Communication, Mechanical and Manufacturing and M.Sc. in Biological Sciences, Economics, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and General Studies.
The institute also provides the degree of bachelor of pharmacy.
- BITS Goa Campus provides B.E. in Chemical, Computer Science, Electronics & Communication, Electrical and Electronics, Electronics & Instrumentation and Mechanical and
M.Sc. in Biological Science, Economics, Mathematics, Chemistry and Physics as well
- BITS Hyderabad Campus provided B.E. in Chemical, Civil, Computer Science, Electronics & Communication, Electrical and Electronics, Electronics & Instrumentation and Mechanical and M.Sc. in Biological Sciences, Economics, Mathematics, Chemistry and Physics.
the institute also provides a bachelor of pharmacy
Eligibility criteria for admission
- Admission to B.E. and M.Sc.- Students who have passed the 12th std. (10+2 system) an examination from a recognised board or its equivalent with mathematics, physics and chemistry and adequate knowledge in English.
- Admission to B.pharm.- Students who have passed the 12th std. (10+2 system) an examination from a recognised board or its equivalent with biology, physics and chemistry with adequate knowledge in English.
Though, students with physics, chemistry and mathematics can also apply for the degree of pharmacy.
- Students must have obtained at least 60% marks individually in either of the subjects i.e. (physics, chemistry and biology or physics, chemistry and mathematics) and an aggregate of 75% in PCB/PCM.
- Those students who have secured first ranks in central or state boards exams in India for the year 2022 are given direct admissions to the program of their choice.
BITSAT Exam Details
The mode of examination is a computer-based online test and the duration of the exam is three hours without any intervals. The paper consists of four parts in which the total number of questions are 150 and is MCQ based. For every wrong answer, one mark is deducted and for the right answer, 3 marks are awarded.
Mathematics/Biology (for B.Pharm.)
The syllabus for BITSAT is based on the NCERT syllabus of 11th and 12th std. The detailed syllabus of all the subjects can be found on the official website of BITS, Pilani in the annexure of the BITSAT exam.
Important dates and deadlines (Tentative)
Start of the application process for BITSAT – 4th week of February 2022
Deadline to apply online for BITSAT – Last week of May 2022
Test centre allotment and reservation for exam slot – First week of June 2022
Admit card – second week of June 2022
BITSAT Exam 2022 – Last week of June 2022
Admission process – Last week of June 2022
Announcement of admit list and waitlist – Last week of July 2022
Application Form for BITSAT 2022
- There will be an online process for the application
- Students should fill out the application form very carefully though the authority will also provide the correction facility which will start in the last week of May 2022.
- The details filled by students in the application form should be the same as it appears in their mark sheet, any alteration in details can cause rejection of the application form.
- The application fees for BITSAT 2022 is Rs.3400(three thousand four hundred only) for male students and Rs.2900(two thousand nine hundred only) for female students. For Dubai, as a test centre, the application fee is Rs.7000 for both male and female students.
- The application fees can be submitted through online mode i.e. debit card, credit card and net banking payment gateways.