Kiarra Gaba, Blogger at Edumarz
A university that laid its foundation on the principle ‘Knowledge imparts Immortality’ is a collegiate central university located in Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh. This university is titled Banaras Hindu University(BHU) and is the largest residential university in Asia. The 1300 acres of land donated by Kashi Naresh Prabhu Narain Singh is where this reputed university’s foundation was laid. This university was established in 1916 with around 30,000 students residing just within the campus.
Banaras Hindu University
Kashi Hindu Vishwavidyalaya
Central Hindu College
1916; February 4
Type of university
Public research university
ACU, AIU, UGC, ICAR
Parliament of India and government of India
No. of faculties
No. of departments
Main Campus, Rajiv Gandhi south campus, and hall of residence
No. of institutes maintained
Banaras Hindu University entrance exams for the interested candidates to get a fair chance of entering the university. Different aspects and exams are required for different courses, along with the appropriate eligibility of the candidate. The following is the list to help you out for the same :
Time of exams
May – June
February – March
MCQ( Multiple Choice Questions)
BHU and 6 other constituent colleges
Mode of exam
JEE and GATE(Gratitude Pharmacy Aptitude Test/GPAT) (respectively)
MBA and MBA-IB
IIM-CAT score (also through separate BHU-MBA entrance test)
NET(National Eligibility Test) OR CRET(Common Research Entrance Test) score
Students are called in for 2 practical exams after securing a good rank in the objective examination.
BHU is quite renowned for attracting foreign aspirants and learners. Foreign students get through the admission process after they have successfully submitted their application to the Indian mission in his/her country or by his/her country.
FEE CRITERIA :
Admission into every course has different eligibility criteria and requirements with variations in the fee of the course completion. The following table will give you a brief detail about the fee structure along with the required eligibility criteria :
Rs 3,167- Rs 4,400
Completed Class 12 or equivalent exam with a minimum aggregate of 50% in relevant subjects
Rs 2,407- Rs 3,420
Passed Class 12 or an equivalent exam from a recognized board with a minimum of 50% aggregate
Rs 3,806- Rs 5,670
Possess a bachelor’s and/or master’s degree in Sciences/ Social Sciences/ Humanities/ Commerce with a minimum of 55% aggregate
Rs 3,557- Rs 6,720
Clearing BSc (Hons)/ BA (10+2+3 Pattern) with a minimum aggregate of 50% in Science subjects
Rs 3,157- Rs 4,620
Having BA (Hons)/ BA (10+2+3 pattern) with a PG Diploma/ Advanced Diploma in the concerned subject with a minimum aggregate of 50% in both BA and Diploma
Rs 30,767- Rs 45,760
Possesses a bachelor’s degree in any stream under 10+2+3 pattern or equivalent with a minimum of 50% aggregate
Rs 38,000- Rs 1,29,000
Master’s degree in the concerned subject with at least 55% aggregate or equivalent grade in the qualifying exam
BHU (Banaras Hindu University) has a really mesmerizingly good ranking respective to other universities.
- In 2020 BHU is ranked seventh among all the medical colleges of India by India Today.
- In 2019, the law faculty of BHU has been ranked fifth in India among the top 30 colleges by Outlook India.
- It was ranked eleventh among the top engineering colleges in 2019 by NIRF Engineering Colleges.
- Was ranked fifth among engineering colleges in 2019 by The Week.
- BHU was ranked between 801-1000 in 2020 by QS World University Ranking.
- 117 in Asia in 2020.
- It also ranked 36th in the management ranking.
The counseling process usually commences by the month of December. The counseling procedure involves :
- The order of BHU’s counseling process is based on the merit score and qualified candidates.
- The counseling process is handled by the admission committee of the respective department.
- The concerned authority or department issues electronic call letters to the qualified candidates for counseling.
- Every candidate is required to fill the preference entry form which is active on the entrance test portal that will provide the candidate a password at the end of the process.
- In the preference test form, the candidate is required to fill in their choice of course, preference of the location, and the seat type. The seat type option will take you to the page for the choice between paid seats if the regular fee seat option is no longer available.
- Candidates are expected to reach the assigned venue at the given time and mark their attendance by signing the available attendance sheet.
- After signing and confirming the preference entry form, it should be printed and submitted with the other required original documents at the verification desk.
- Candidates with the merit-based seat reserved for them are asked to take the counseling session with the general category and their seat is reserved intact.
- The students with paid seats are required to pay an extra seat fee along with the regular fee of the course.
- The fee can be paid online on the entrance test portal.
- The final seat allotment is done through a computer once the fee payment deadline is crossed.
- If the student fails to pay the fee within the given time then the seat allotted to them is canceled.
The candidates have to fill their requirement of the scholarship by BHU in the BHU scholarship registration form. BHU provides several scholarships to needy and deserving students. Scholarships provided by the university are :
- As per Annadaan Yojna, blind students are served dinner and lunch.
- About 20 blind students are provided Rs 5000/- per annum.
- Students who achieved first and second rank are awarded Rs 4000/- and Rs 3000/- respectively.
- Around 100 students with weak financial backgrounds are offered the scholarship of Rs 2000 /- per annum.
- Rs 5000/- financial assistance is given to the students for organizing seminars or workshops at the university level at the rate of 10 seminars per year.
- Maximum to 25 handicapped students are provided the one-time scholarship for Rs 4000/-
In brief, BHU provides one of the best assistance and education-worthy environments and faculty for any student that wants to grab the success opportunity.