NEST (National Entrance Screening Test) is carried out by the National institute of science education and research (NISER) Bhubaneswar and Department of atomic energy center for excellence in Basic Sciences (UM-DAE CEBS) Mumbai. The NEST exam is conducted once in a year for admission in 5 year MSc programme in
NEST (National Entrance Screening Test)
NISER (National institute of science education and research Bhubaneswar,
UM-DAE CEBS (Mumbai University)
MODE OF EXAM
NO OF APPLICANTS
COURSE OFFERED THROUGH NEST
FREQUENCY OF EXAM
NO OF QUESTION
Rs 1,200/- for Male (General & OBC),
Rs 600 for Female of all categories and Male of ST/SC/ PwD
3 hours 30 minutes
NO OF EXAM CITIES
COLLEGE ACCEPTING NEST SCORE
HELP DESK NO
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR NEST
Students must qualify eligibility criteria given by NEST examination department to appear for exam
- Students of unreserved categories should be born on and after 1 August 2001.
- The age limit is expand by 5 years for (SC/ST/PwD)
- Candidates should pass their 12th in either 2020 or 2021
- Candidates who passed in 2022 are also eligible.
- Candidates must have mathematics in their class 12
- Minimum 60% (or equivalent grade) in class 12 from any recognised board in India.
- For reserved and Divyang Jan the minimum requirement is 55%.
PROCESS OF REGISTRATION ON (NEST) OFFICIAL WEBSITE
Firstly, you ought to register yourself to the web site for filling the examination form.
DETAILS NEEDED FOR REGISTRATION:
- Candidate Name
- Mobile Number
- Valid Email ID
- Date of Birth
- Class roll no
For registration, you must follow the steps given below:-
- Visit NEST official website which given above, and click on the Register option
- A student registration form appear on your screen
- Fill all the requisite information within the form and Click on the “Register” option
- Your login ID and password are sent to your registered mobile number
- An email is sent to your email ID which carry the link of login page and login credentials
- Click on the link and a candidate login page will appear on your screen
- Enter your login ID and password click on “login”
Documents needed for application form
- Class 10 mark sheet/report card/certificate
- Class 12 mark sheet/report card/certificate
- Scanned recent passport size photograph
- A properly scanned signature
Note:- The photograph and signature file must not be more than 80 KB and be in JPG or JPEG format only.
NEST APPLICATION PROCESS
- Visit the NEST official site for filling the application form
- Login into the website by your login ID and password which is sent to your email Id
- Application forms are going to be available in an internet mode on the NEST official site.
- Fill all of your details like: personal, academics details within the form (recheck all the details carefully before submitting)
- Before submitting the application form candidates have to pay the application fee online via netbanking/credit card/debit card.
NOTE:- Applications incomplete in any respect will not be accepted.
General & OBC (only male)
After completing all the application process. You must wait for the exam authorities to upload the Admit card on the website.
Applicants download their admit cards from NEST website (after login). The download link will be available till the date of examination
Admit cards will not be dispatched to any applicant
Note:- For any queries related to admit card and result you can contact the authorities by e-mail email@example.com (for quicker response email is recommended)
Or by postal mail:
Chief coordinator, NEST 2022
NISER Bhubaneswar, P.O. Jatni
Jatni, khurda 752050, Odisha, India
Now NEST is giving opportunities to candidates for selecting their exam centres. Candidates must choose 5 (five) centres from the list of about 90 centres (cities and towns of India) in keeping with their preference.
The exam authorities of NEST will try to allot centres as per candidates preference and availability.
ABOUT NEST EXAM SYLLABUS
syllabus released by the exam authorities on the official site.
Questions within the NEST exam are asked from the topics present within the syllabus of class 11 and 12 of science stream.
The NEST exam has four sections:
Each section has two questions based on general science to test the general scientific knowledge of students which may different from the NEST syllabus and require the knowledge of class X level science.
NEST EXAM TIMINGS
The authorities conducts exams in two shifts:
- Morning shift- from 9am to 12:30pm
- Evening shift- from 2pm to 5:30 pm
EXAM PATTERN HIGHLIGHTS:
Online (computer based)
Types of questions
MCQ (multiple choice question), MSQ (multiple short questions)
Total number of questions
200 (All section consists 50 marks)
3 hour 30 minutes
MARKING SCHEME OF NEST:
+2.5 for correct answer
-1 for incorrect answer
+4 for correct answer
-0 for incorrect answer
Seats offered by NEST Universities
Candidates who wish to appear in the NEST exam must check on the number of seats available at NISER and CEBS.
Students from (J&K)
5% seats in each category
5% seats in each category
NOTE:- Every candidate should produce the relevant valid certificate on the date of admission
For more details about the maximum number of seats in any stream, fee structure cut-off and allotment procedure. You can visit the official website of the institute:
UM-DAE CEBS- https://www.cbs.ac.in
NEST Answer key
Answer key will be uploaded by the exam authorities on the website after a few days of examination
Students can check their answer key through their login ID
NEST exam authority will release results for every candidate individually through online mode.
Candidates can check their answer by login into their ID
Candidates should keep their result safe till the admission. As result is required at the time of counselling.
Counselling is very important part of the admission
The counselling will be conducted by the institute individually through online.
Candidates must have to participate in counselling for admission in NISER and UM-DAE CEBS university
Only qualified students of the examination are allowed for counselling.
Important things to remember:
- Candidates must reach the venue 90 minutes before the start of examination
- Candidates must bring their admit card and valid photo identity card with themselves
- Use of calculators and log tables are not allowed inside the examination hall
- Any kind of electronic gadgets are not allowed inside the examination hall
All the best to all who are preparing for NEST.