Keshav Bhatia, Academic Content Writer at Edumarz
- Underneath Animalia, eukaryotic multicellular organisms without cell walls are placed.
- They are heterotrophs and are dependent on plants for their food, directly or indirectly
- Food is digested in an internal cavity and is stored primarily in the form of glycogen or fat.
- Ingestion is the way in which they consume food, i.e., Holozoic nutrition
- The growth pattern is definite.
- Adults have a definite shape and size.
- Intricate neuromotor and sensory mechanisms are shown in higher animals.
- Locomotion is shown in most forms.
- Embryological development follows copulation in the male and female.