This is a formal document or an official letter written to the bank manager to avail a variety of services provided by the bank, for e.g. issue of a new ATM card, bank statement, bank passbook, cheque book etc.
- Things to keep in mind while writing a letter to the bank manager:
- Mention the name of the bank and the branch where your account is held.
- Make sure to add the subject line and it should be on point.
- You may also need to provide your name as per the bank records.
- Your bank account number must also be specified in the request letter.
- Though this is a request letter, all other formal letter writing details to be included such as headings, salutations, complimentary close, and signature line.
- Also, you should include enclosures or attachments if necessary (or as supporting evidence).
EXAMPLE: Letter to the Bank Manager for a change of mobile number.
State Bank of India (Name of your Branch)
M.G. Road, Mumbai
26 November, 2021
Subject: Request to change mobile number.
My name is Suraj (Write Your Name), I have a savings account in your bank branch whose account number is __ (Write Your Account Number). I want to change my savings account mobile number.
Therefore, you are requested to change the mobile number of my savings account from (Write Your Old Mobile Number) to (Write Your New Number).
My Account Details Are Given Below –
Account Number –
IFSC Code –
Mobile No. –
Suraj (Your name)
Signature (Your signature)